kanju’s Copper Strip Chandelier is one of our largest lighting designs and has significant presence to define a key entry foyer, high-ceilinged lounge or hospitality space. Strips of green tumbled glass and copper sourced from old water heaters across Africa hang together in long streamers from eight concentric welded steel hoops.
kanju sources copper from old water heaters found in market stalls across southern Africa for our Copper Strip Chandelier. After artisans strip, melt and cut copper into individual discs, the metal treated to create dynamic surface variations, from bright penny polish to textured teal patina.
- Arrive WITHOUT installed electric elements, so that you may personalize your chandelier in a way that meets a desired brightness and color effect in your
space. Please contact kanju to order a custom lighting kit.
- Suitable for Indoor and Covered Outdoor use.
- It acts as a gentle wind chime in the breeze of an outdoor patio and copper discs change over time, deepening into a teal natural patina
- Copper cam can be treated with lemon and salt if a bright warm polish is desired.
- Each piece may arrive with an attached wire cord and markings for suggested balance and hanging installation instructions. They may also be installed with the top frame attached directly into the ceiling.
Copper Strip Chandeliers are made-to-order, are made to order and custom sizing or unique design elements may be requested, please contact kanju to modify dimensions to suit your space.
Standard shipping is 10 - 16 weeks; view kanju Shipping Policy
** Shipping on this item is NOT calculated at the checkout due to the unique size, weight, and fragility of this item. You will be notified via email with a calculated shipping cost which will need to be paid prior to dispatch. Please contact us, for additional information.
Please review our terms and conditions for refund and exchange policy. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. For additional information, contact us.