Official Contest Rules
Rules & Regulations
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES - USA
Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
Kanju Interiors Design Fair Giveaway (the “Contest”) is being conducted by Kanju Interiors LLC (“Kanju Interiors” or “Kanju”) – hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”), and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable U.S. law. The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States of America, over the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Contest is void in whole or in part outside of the jurisdiction(s) expressly listed above and here otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes each entrant’s acceptance of, and agreement to be legally bound by, these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). This Contest is not sponsored or administered by Meta (Facebook).
- To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must be a legal resident of the United States of America, who is over the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related entities, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the "Contest Parties"), and the household members (whether related or not) and/or the immediate family members of any of the Contest Parties, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of these Rules, “immediate family members" means husband, wife, spouse, common law spouse, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Contest Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification of the applicable entrant in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Contest Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Contest Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any Entry or entrant in its and their sole discretion, should any Entry or entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading personal details and/or information.
The Contest opens at 12:00:01 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on September 16, 2022 and closes at 01:00:00 p.m. CT on September 19, 2022 (the "Contest Period”). All Entries must be received by 01:00:00 p.m. CT on September 19, 2022 (the “Entry Deadline”).
HOW TO ENTER: INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED; NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Submit online: On Instagram, follow @kanjuinteriors. Like @kanjuinterior’s Instagram post from September 16, 2022 announcing the contest and tag a friend in a comment (this will provide one entry into the contest). Comments with tagged people can be done more than once; each comment with a different tagged account will receive an additional entry into the contest.
ADDITIONAL ENTRY RULES
- If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple email addresses, any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with the Contest Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor (and, if disqualified, will have his/her Entry/Entries deemed null and void).
- The Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries, Requests and/or other information (all of which is void).
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Contest Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entrant to be the authorized account holder of the Instagram account or e-mail address associated with the Entry. For the purpose of these Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that the entrant is the authorized account holder of a particular e-mail address associated with the applicable Entry.
- There are five (5) prizes available to be won (the “Prizes”). Each Prize consists of one (1) of the following items:
- Giveaway items include:
One (1) Eclipse Tonga Basket
One (1) Gray Moon Felted Pillow
One (1) Ombre Felt Tote Bag
One (1) Butter Punch Needle Pillow
One (1) Sixy White Wall Planter
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Contest Sponsor in their sole and absolute discretion); (ii) no substitutions are permitted except at Contest Sponsor’s option; (iii) the costs of everything not expressly and specifically stated above as included in the Prize are the sole and absolute responsibility of the confirmed winner; (iv) if the confirmed winner does not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place; (v) Contest Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and/or (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; and (vi) by accepting the Prize, the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Contest Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any aspect of the Prize. No compensation whatsoever will be provided to the confirmed winner or any other person or entity in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event contemplated herein.
- None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Contest Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should the Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting the Prize, the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Contest Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
ELIGIBLE WINNER SELECTION
Five (5) eligible winners shall be selected as follows:
The odds of being selected as the potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. On August 19, 2022, at approximately 12:00 pm [noon] CT at Kanju Interiors, 1137 Conveyor Lane, Suite #114, Dallas, Texas, 75247 (the “Draw Date”), a data pull for all eligible Entries will be completed and five (5) potential winners will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. Limit of one (1) Prize will be awarded per email, per person and per household for the duration of the Contest. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received.
- Following the Draw Date, the Contest Sponsor or their designated representatives will make no less than two (2) attempts to contact the eligible winner by Instagram DM, during the three (3) day period (the “Contact Period”) immediately following the Draw Date. Upon notification, the eligible winner must respond by telephone and/or email to the contact provided in the notification, and the eligible winner’s response must be received by the Contest Sponsor by no later than 5:00 p.m. CT on the required return date stipulated in such notification. If the potential winner does not respond in accordance with these Rules, he/she may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, in which event he/she will not receive the Prize and another potential winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries, in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, whom the Contest Sponsor or their representatives will attempt to contact, and who must respond or will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner (adjusting timeframes, including the Contact Period, accordingly). Neither the Contest Sponsor, nor any of the other Released Parties are responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of the eligible winner to receive notification or for the Contest Sponsor to receive the eligible winner’s response.
- Before being declared as the confirmed winner, the eligible winner will be required to fill out a Release and be required to answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a uniquely generated mathematical skill-testing question (“STQ”) administered online. If the eligible winner has answered the STQ correctly, they must then complete and accept the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release form (the “Release Form”) in order to be declared the confirmed winner. In the event that an eligible person whose entry is selected does not correctly answer the mathematical STQ, fails to submit their answer within the allotted time period, or declines to accept the Release Form, he/she will be disqualified, the Prize to which he/she may otherwise have been entitled will be forfeited by him/her and a replacement entrant will be selected at random, without any liability to the Released Parties (as defined hereafter) whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. No individual will be declared a winner until the Contest Sponsor officially confirms s/he as the winner in accordance with the Rules.
- By completing and returning the Release Form, and accepting a Prize, the Prize winner: (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges that the Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted or transferred and has no cash surrender value; (iii) releases the Contest Sponsor, their affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, contest partners (namely Kanju Interiors), the independent contest organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents (the Released Parties) from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and the awarding and use or misuse of the Prize; and (iv) consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and state) and/or likeness (including photographs of the Prize winner), without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor and/or Kanju, which publicity shall be at Contest Sponsor’s/Kanju’s sole discretion, and may be in any media whatsoever, with respect to this Contest, unless prohibited by law.
- Eligible winners and/or Prize winners agree to cooperate in any investigations by the Contest Sponsor to confirm his/her eligibility and to help ensure that the use of such eligible winner and/or Prize winner in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring the Contest Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the Contest or the Contest Sponsor, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in their sole discretion. No correspondence will be entered into except with each eligible winner, and all Entries become property of the Contest Sponsor upon submission. If for any reason a Prize is returned as undeliverable for any reason whatsoever, the Prize winner will have forfeited his/her right to receive the Prize.
- Please allow approximately 2 to 3 weeks for delivery of the prize the end of the Contest Period. Prize will be delivered by ground shipping. If an incorrect address is provided the Contest Sponsor will not take liability for the returned Prize.
- Once declared as the confirmed winner, the confirmed winner is no longer eligible to win any other Contest conducted in the United States of America by the Contest Sponsor until January 1, 2023.
- The confirmed winner will be required to execute a legal declaration and release (“Release”) that confirms winner’s:
- eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Rules;
- acceptance of the Prize as offered;
- release of the Contest Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from; and
- grant to the Contest Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Contest Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof.
- The executed Release must be returned within five (5) business days of the verification as a winner or the selected potential winner may, in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors, be disqualified and the Prize be forfeited.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any website or any platform during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, mobile devices, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry, and/or other information to be received, captured, recorded or work properly for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from
participating in the Contest; (v) any lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed Entries; (vi) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a recipient or eligible recipient; and/or (vii) any combination of the above.
INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT
- By entering this Contest, each entrant releases and holds each of the Released Parties harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant, Released Party or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, Requests, notifications, responses, replies requests or any Release, or for any telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries, Requests, Donations and/or other information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines on account of technical problems or otherwise. The Released Parties are not responsible for anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage caused to any entrant, person or entity relating to or resulting from participating or attempting to participate in the Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive the Prize or any portion thereof. The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors, such as infection by tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules, which will be posted at the https://kanjuinteriors.com throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which shall be final and binding without right of appeal in all respects. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (i) violating the Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; and/or (iii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- ANYONE DEEMED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
PRIVACY & USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By participating in the Contest, the entrant:
- grants to the Contest Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address (the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, contacting the eligible winner; and
- acknowledges that the Contest Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Contest Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (a) above.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans, and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
TERMINATION AND AMENDMENTS
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever.
Further, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever.
Further, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Contest Sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant, Entry, Request and/or other information with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in their sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Contest Sponsor or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the State of Texas and the federal laws of the United States of America applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Texas in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in the Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the City of Dallas in the State of Texas. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and municipal laws. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, the Spanish version of these Rules (if available), television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of the Contest Sponsor, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.